Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Special Day

Today is/was my mom's birthday. I am still not sure the proper way to say things like that. Instead of getting all sentimental on you (lest my friends think I am going crazy-yes you Stephanie), I wanted to share a neat story.
A couple of weeks ago I was at Taco Bell with all three kids. In the middle of lunch without any prior discussion of death Zach says, "I think Jesus just reached his arms out of the sky and took meme to live with him." I told him that was exactly what happened. Calyn promptly replied, "Yeah but we didn't get to see it because we were still in Lubbock." I wanted to tell her that even though I was there that I didn't get to see it either but that I knew that it happened because of the peace on meme's face. I figured I would save that info for a time in the future when they have a better grasp of death and heaven.
I am so thankful that my mom got to spend her special day with Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. What a special moment! And, being sentimental is totally healthy. I wouldn't think you were crazy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Can you turn that "word verification" feature off b/c I never get it right on the first try. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story AND that it took place at Taco Bell! Oh from the mouths of babes!

    ReplyDelete