Friday, May 1, 2009

Repeat it with me

There is no crying in t-ball.

Well,

apparently if your name is Calyn, there is alot of crying in t-ball.

Calyn suffered her first injury of the season. She was playing pitcher and got hit with a fly ball in the arm. I think it was the first batter of the second inning (they only play two innings). She came out of the game and cried and cried and cried. I was actually getting a little worried because she usually shakes things off quickly. She cried until ice arrived and was miraculously healed by the time she got her after game snack. She kept saying that the batter did something bad by hitting her. I tried to explain to her that it was her job to catch the ball and that she technically was at fault. It did not help that both the batter and his dad apologized after the game. Awfully sweet, but no help. I just had to laugh.
On the positive side, Calyn did bat really well before the injury. She hit a grounder up the middle that almost hit the center field fence. Now we just gotta work on those catching skills!

3 comments:

  1. I'm shocked she cried so much-maybe Eric will feel better about Mali now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! This is quite funny. I think I would have told Riley the same thing - if you would have caught the ball it wouldn't have hit you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that she has recovered just fine seeing how helpful she was in carrying out those loads of toys to my car! Thanks Calyn for your help!!!

    ReplyDelete