Sunday, May 10, 2009

I miss my mom.

The mom who:

loved Jesus,
taught me to love Jesus,
thought my dad was the greatest man on earth,
loved to watch football,
had a heart for missions,
encouraged me to play sports,
prayed for me daily,
attended all of my sporting events,
watched preachers on tv before going to church on Sundays,
made sure the fridge was stocked with my favorites every time I visited,
suggested that I attend graduate school at Texas Tech,
took me shopping for new school clothes every year,
gave food and money to those in need,
always fell asleep on road trips with her mouth wide open,
was a servant,
harassed Hardin-Simmons until they raised my scholarship money level,
tried her hardest to give special gifts even when they were unappreciated,
thought of my husband as her own child,
and
loved my kids with her whole heart.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Beth thanks for sharing these sweet things about your mom,
    I need to follow your example of thinking about the great things our moms have done...just delete my email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth. How bitter sweet this day must be for you this year. I never knew all those things about your mom. Wow. I bet you do miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so glad you could write about all this. i love reading and really feeling your heart. i know that is huge. thanks for sharing for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you miss her. You have so many of the same amazing qualities. I'm so thankful God blessed you with a Godly example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't compete with what "Ed" said... But, I miss here too! Great post sis - you have become quite a blogger and I enjoy checking in and catching up...

    ReplyDelete