Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thank you Mr. Fed-Ex Man

A 'first' occurred at our house yesterday.
I was expecting a work-related package from Fed-Ex.
Fed-Ex packages usually arrive at 10:30am 0r 2:30pm.
The 10:30 am slot passed with no delivery.
The kids usually go down for nap at 2pm.
I debated delaying the nap to wait for the possible 2:30pm delivery.
But I was exhausted and really needed a nap myself.
I put the kids down for nap at 2pm.
I began my usual e-mail/blog/facebook check.
About 2:25pm, I heard a light tapping on my front door.
So soft I thought I might have imagined it.
I quickly hurried downstairs and opened the door.
The expected package was inside my screen door (placed there silently).
The Fed-Ex man was already on his way back to his truck.
He gave me a silent wave.
Wow!
A Fed-Ex man that actually read my sign saying that future Red Raiders were sleeping.
And actually respected my need for quiet.
He made this overly tired mom's day.
So thank you Mr. Fed-Ex man.

1 comment: