Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ODDS and ENDS

Here we go.

Let's just get the sad news out of the way first. The Express lost their first game. The final score was 10-5. The umpire was terrible. The actual score should have been about 15-5. He was terrible but in our favor. The kids did not bat or field well. I knew we had to lose sooner or later and sincerely hope that we play better on Saturday.

Last Saturday, we visited with some out of town friends that we do not get to see very often. We then attended the Lubbock Arts Festival. They had a lot of neat kid activities. Home Depot sponsored a booth where the kids built banks.


The Lubbock model train club was in attendance. We met up with some of our baseball friends and enjoyed the trains with them.
The Dallas children love trains. I had to drag Zach to the next exhibit. I think he could have stayed in the train room the entire day.

The theme of the festival revolved around Legos. Check out these amazing lego sculptures:


The kid's favorite: a bike that was half real and half lego

Tim's favorite:

My favorite:
A whole lego village:


On Sunday, Zach, Calyn, Grant, and I travelled to Amarillo to see Mali get baptized. We are so proud of her and her decision to let Jesus live in her heart.


Today is Tim and I's ninth anniversary. Wow! Happy Anniversary Tim. You are a great husband and father. I love you. A couple of girls from our college ministry are going to come watch our kiddos so that Tim and I can go out. I don't think either of us got gifts but I did make him a blueberry pie. I think I am going to make a list of things I have been meaning to discuss with him but haven't because we are always distracted.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loss, but glad they could experience the life lesson anyway. The art expo looks fun. Thank you for coming. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took the kids to the art festival on Sunday and they all had a blast. Like your kids I didn't think we would manage to get them out of the train section.

    Lubbock does such awesome stuff for kids and I know I appreciate all that they do for them.

    ReplyDelete