Saturday, April 10, 2010

Heartstopping

I have to begin this post by saying that I think watching the twins play baseball is going to cause me to have a heart attack.

The last two games have been too close for my comfort. Last Tuesday, we played a team that was better than any of the others we had played. We were down by several runs early but came back in the middle of the game to take the lead. We led the rest of the game but it was a tough win.

Today we played the Volcanoes. These volcanoe kids could play. They could actually stop the ball AND throw to first base AND get our runners out. We trailed the entire game. The first several innings we did not even score. I kept telling myself that our winning streak had to end sometime and was preparing for today to be that day.

Midway through the last inning, the score was 7-3. We were the home team so we had the last bat. It was at this point that the Express decided to take it to the Volcanoes. Each batter (except one) hit and scored until we won the game (with only one out and runners still on bases).

IT WAS AMAZING!

I never imagined that I would get so emotionally invested in these games. To me I don't think it is about the actual win but about our team playing well and my children hitting the ball. I like to see how exited Calyn and Zach get and that they want to tell everyone about their games.

But oh my! I think I am going to have to calm down a little or I am never going to make it as a sport's parent. I mean they are only 5!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are funny! Sounds really exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so funny! i am so not competitive, but do like watching games. i cannot imagine getting that stressed. i'm not sure it is in me. ok, i definitely get that stressed, just not about sports. :) we need to come see a game!

    ReplyDelete