Saturday, April 24, 2010

Let the record show...

that the Express is back in the win column. We won today 9-3! I think Tim was the MVP of today's game. He got hit by a ball (that was hit by our best batter), managed to leap out of the way of another ball (he straddled the ball from his knees), caught at least one foul ball (it did not count, of course), and was congratulated by a parent for being "so patient with the players."

Let the record also show...
that I completed my first 5K since having Grant. The whole family traveled to the community of Meadow to run in the 2nd Annual Meadow Mile. My time (35:02) was atrocious, but I ran the whole way and have lots of room to improve. Tim ran the 5K while pushing Grant and Abby in the double stroller. He finished around the 38 minute mark. Zach and Calyn ran a .5K race. Calyn did not place in the top three but ran well and was the first female finisher. Zach, as he put it, "got passed by a lot of other runners."

2 comments:

  1. Wow what an athletic weekend! Way to finish Beth and complete your goal. What you choose meadow?

    Tim, way to go on the coach pitch field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow way to go both of you. Beth I am so proud of you...you did an awesome job. Tim I understand how that goes...I had to dodge a ball tonight that was hit straight at 1st base. Went right between me and the other teams coach.

    ReplyDelete