Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Labor of Love

Just before Calyn's third birthday we (mainly Tim) built this for her.
Since it took many, many hours and consisted of over 10,000 pieces, we put the project on hold before finishing the inside. While waiting for our new family member to arrive, we (mainly me) are trying to get unfinished projects finished. So with Calyn as our interior designer, we have finally finished her dollhouse. Here it is:

The top floor with bathroom, kids room, and nursery

The middle floor with master and spare bedrooms
The bottom floor with living room, kitchen, and dining room

View of all three floors

Side view with grill set and lawn chairs.
I think Tim did a wonderful job on the house and hope that our girls have a lot of fun playing with it. Also, the inside is completely wired for electricity but we decided to wait until Abby is a little older before putting up the fixtures.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great. Now they can play!!! Hours of fun. I treasured doll house that my dad made for me. Way to go Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I can't remember the day you guys started this. How nice to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so impressed with this beautiful dollhouse. My daughters would have so much fun playing with a place like this--I've imagined building one someday. When I do, I'll know who to ask for advice!

    Great work!
    Kirie

    ReplyDelete