Friday, August 28, 2009

It's funny how...

The one person I thought would enjoy reading this blog doesn't even read it.

I can fall asleep next to one member of my family and wake up next to another without even knowing the switch occurred.

Calyn and Zach can make up random songs that still speak truths about God (for example: I don't care what God does because he takes care of me).

Abby can sing along to the song "Here I am to worship."

Every time that I gain weight with pregnancy, my husband looses weight so that our weights are almost equal (he finds this funnier than I).

Someone (and I am not really sure who) taught Abby to say "Gosh." This word is forbidden in our house but I can't get her to understand that she is not supposed to say it and she is saying it a lot.

My easiest child has become my most difficult.

A baby that is not even here has more shoes than his other five family members combined.

It seems that God has created Calyn to excel in sports but has provided her with just enough of my clumsiness to keep her humble.

One of my new step-sisters (who I grew up with) remembers spending the night at my house as kids a lot. And I don't remember her ever spending the night at my house. Likewise, I remember spending the night at her house a lot and she doesn't remember it.

Calyn wanted to know if God was in TV shows. How would you answer that one?

3 comments:

  1. Can't be me because I love reading your blog & read it. God is every where right? I would tell them that we should look for what God can teach us every where and sometimes He is teaching us to turn off the tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I feel the same way, like no one I blog for is readingy blog!:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its funny that the verse you use to title your blog is my favorite verse. ...and I also think its funny that you are such a talented writer without even trying, while those of us who try sound like idiots. Gosh! (Tell Calyn she can say it all she wants at my house)

    ReplyDelete