Saturday, August 15, 2009

Big sisters need big girl beds

Leah's latest blog entry and the fact that the company I work for keeps taking their site down for maintenance has urged me (and given me the time) to update you on what is going on around here.

Last weekend Abby's room was changed from pink to blue. I told Tim I had chosen a paint color on Saturday morning and by Sunday night the nursery was transformed (pictures will come later). So after a few days of Abby sleeping in our closet, she moved into Calyn's room. Since Calyn refuses to sleep on her top bunk, they are sharing the bottom queen size bed. The first night Zach woke me up at 4 am by handing me Abby's blanket and telling me she was on the stairs. The next night (we put up the gate) and both girls slept through til morning. The third night, Abby slept fine but Calyn somehow traded places with Tim during the night. Tonight is the fourth night. I really thought getting the girls to fall asleep together was going to be the problem. So far this has not been an issue and the transition is going much better than anticipated. The only sad thing is that when Abby is playing upstairs she will run into the nursery and just stop and stare. I think she is still surprised by the the blue color and that all of her stuff is gone. However, I think in the future she will enjoy having a baby brother more than her own room. I'll keep you posted on that one.

P.S. We are super excited about Baby Dooley #2 and maybe Abby can give Annerson some advice about being a big sister in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the transition is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Beth! Wow, you changed your lay out. I just realized that. Uh...oh! I'm so glad they are sleeping well together. I bet it makes Cal feel like an even bigger big sister. So what happened w/ Zach and the blanket? Did Abby fall asleep on the way up to your room? Cause you definitely should have snapped a pic of that one!

    ReplyDelete