Thursday, January 28, 2010

Glory

"Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." Isaiah 43:7

What do you think God means by "my glory"?

My answer was to please him or that he created us to bring him pleasure.

However, Beth Moore just taught me that 'God's glory is the way He makes Himself known...is how He shows who he is...is the way He makes Himself recognizable.'

He created us so that we may know and recognize him.

Take this scripture:
"So whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." I Corinthians 10:31

Before I would have interpreted that I was supposed to please God with my actions. Know I understand that through my actions others should be able to recognize God.

I just had to share what I learned today. Carry on with what you were doing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I thought the same thing and it was good to vicariously learn through you!;)

    ReplyDelete