Here we go:
1. I am thankful for God. I definitely would not be standing today if God was not my strength. He is my provider, my comforter, my healer, me helper, my rock, my hope and so much more. I am thankful that He chose me as his child. He has proven himself faithful over and over again. His mercies are new every morning.
2. I am thankful for Tim. I love doing life with Tim. We have four beautiful, talented children. He sacrifices daily to make sure that we have a good life. His faithfulness to God is unwavering. Tim cares deeply for people and the students at Texas Tech.
4. I am thankful for Calyn. Calyn is my special girl. She loves to read and play sports. She loves Jesus. She is quick to catch on to new concepts but sometimes lacks common sense. Currently, her top tooth is loose and she messes with it constantly. Calyn likes to help me with chores. She talks all the time.
5. I am thankful for Abby. Abby is our happy child. She is almost always in a good mood and laughing. Abby loves to have fun. She is definitely the middle child-not old enough to be big but also not the baby. Abby is the only one of our kids who is attached to a blanket and like to suck her thumb. Abby is intelligent and likes to make sure that rules get followed.
8. I am thankful for Tim's parents- John and Terry. John is such a friendly, outgoing fellow. Terry has such a great love for my children. They visit us several times each year and blend so nicely into our family.
9. I am thankful for both Williams' families. Tara and Melissa are two of my closest friends and I would be lost without them. Both families are experiencing rough times, but I know that God will prove himself mighty.
10. I am thankful for my friend Laura and her two daughters. We go to gymnastics together every week and then have lunch at Chick-fil-a. I can always call Laura when I am in a bind and she will help me.
19. I am thankful for OLBC-old lady birthday club. Ladies, you know who you are and I am thankful for each and every one of you. We should have started this years ago as it has rapidly become one of my favorite things.
20. I am thankful for Cora and her momma, Carrie. Through Brie I had the privilege to meet Carrie. My crazy friend, Melissa and I recently made a whirlwind trip to meet Miss Cora. She was precious, but more precious was bringing a little piece of Brie to her best friend Carrie.
22. I am thankful for PDO. Grant and Abby attend Parent's Day Out for 5.5 hours a week. I get a little alone time while they get to play with their friends. They both have great teachers that really love on them.
25. I am thankful for my volunteers. Please don't anybody tell my children that raking leaves is not fun. They actually fight over the rakes. They make doing a mundane task so much more fun.
26. I am thankful for Parkridge Pregnancy Center. Tim and I both support the work that they do (Tim in an official capacity). They teach young pregnant girls about their developing babies and how God can change their lives. They are amazing.
27. I am thankful for basketball. Both Calyn and Zach enjoy playing basketball. This Spring I get to help coach Calyn's team.
28.I am thankful for volleyball. I play on a women's team and while we are not terribly talented, we have a lot of fun.
29. I am thankful for Eric. Eric impresses me more and more each day. He has grown in his role as a father so much this past year. I am incredibly proud of him. He could have given up, but he chose to fight for his family. I pray that he continues to teach his children about Jesus and about Brie.
30. I am thankful for the Carol of Lights. In years past, Brie often brought the girls to this annual event. This year, Eric brought them. I was very happy to have them with us.
34. I am thankful for Christmas vacation. It has been nice to spend extra time with Tim, Zach, and Calyn. We have done many special projects and attended some fun events. Sleeping in a little is also a bonus.
35. I am thankful that my mom started the tradition of filling stockings for my kids. We do not celebrate Christmas in the traditional manner, but we do continue to fill the kids' stockings. I really enjoyed buying special presents to put in their stockings (Tim also gets a stocking).
36. I am thankful for Curren. He recently turned one. He is a miracle. He is a champion. He is happy and healthy. When he smiles at me, my heart skips a beat. I miss my friend for a second and then I am able to smile back at this precious miracle. I thank God that he chose to spare Curren's life. A recent update was added to his site. You can read it at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/currangomez
37. Lastly, I am thankful for simple things like not having to do laundry on my birthday.