Saturday, May 28, 2011

First and Last

First day of Kindergarten:
 Last day of Kindergarten:
 Good friends:
Great teacher:
Kindergarten graduate Calyn:
Kindergarten graduate Zach:
Mrs. Daniel's Kindergarten class: 
 2nd place Kindergarten AR reader:
 1st place Kindergarten AR reader:
 Top 3 Kindergarten AR readers:
Zach and Calyn had a wonderful year. They learned so much. They learned to read. They learned about presidents, Texas, dinosaurs, sharks, plants, and teeth. Zach and Calyn learned to be a good friend and how to respect other peoples' personal space. They celebrated Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Spring, and the last days of school. Their class won the Spring Box Top collection competition and received sno cones from Bahama Bucks.
Their teacher was so good. She taught them a lot. I was impressed with the way she treated her students, especially compared to what I saw from other teachers. Zach and Calyn wanted to attend school everyday and passed on every chance to go home early. I think that says a lot about their overall experience. They chose to stay at school even when other students were going home early.
Zach and Calyn also received a special award for PE. The PE teacher chose them as the best athletes in their class. They both also were recognized as top AR readers. Calyn took first overall for Kindergarten. Zach took second. This was the first year they even recognized Kindergarten AR readers. I personally think it was because they had earned so many points. Both Tim and I read a lot. I am thankful that my kids enjoy reading and learning.
I am thankful that Zach and Calyn had such a good first school experience. Tim took them to school alot, but I also took them many times. We made it a point to pray for them before they exited the car. I often prayed about how thankful I was for their school, teacher, friends and just the opportunity to go to school. I knew they did not realize how fortunate they were to go to a good school, but I wanted God to know that I was thankful. I also wanted for them to see me thanking God for these things.
We are looking forward to summer. We have a lot of fun things planned. We will also slow down and enjoy our time together.

3 comments:

  1. They have grown so much over the last year. I glad that they had a good experience for their 1st year and I hope that Shaleigh has a good experience next year also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lord, please let us move back to Lubbock so we will not miss Z&C grow up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete