Saturday, July 24, 2010

Because I miss my friend...

I have a friend who has been out-of-town for forever (it has actually only been a month but it seems like forever). I took pictures so that she can see some of the changes around the Dallas house. And since most of my readers live far away, maybe everyone will enjoy this update.
I added Grant's nine month picture to the wall that has Abby's nine month picture:

I hung a 16 X 20 canvas print of my favorite picture on the wall close to the tan chair:

The great rain of July 2010 wrecked some havoc at our house. The biggest problem was that our living room flooded. Here is what the carpet looks like now. Servpro is coming Tuesday to replace the carpet pad, re-tuck the carpet, and clean the carpet throughout the house (thanks Tyson!).



Tim is preparing for his sabatical that starts this Fall. He purchased a new desk chair and a bigger monitor for his home office. I am preparing for his sabatical by remaining in denial that he will be underfoot this Fall.

Zach and Calyn picked out these spiffy backpacks to get ready for kindergarten which starts in 30 days (I can't seem to understand why some of my friends are upset or sad that their children are starting school).
In order to prepare the kids for school and to give them a way to earn money, we have been trying to introduce more structure to our days. If they complete every task, they get fifty cents each day. This was last weeks chart. As you can see, we struggled in the area of scripture memory. We failed to learn a new verse, but continued to work on the verse from the previous week. Even Abby knows it now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow everything looks great! The canvas looks like it turned out great! I'm so glad. Backpacks good too. We ended up getting a cheaper backpack from the gap outlet. I'm not super happy with it and would've preferred the garnet hill one. And I'm one of those sad moms...bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'm still really impressed with the chore chart. Way to go and take an
    Intentional step in parenting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your friend, too. And, I am not one of those sad moms, either! Kinder is free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow hard to believe that they are old enough to go to kindergarten. The chore chart is wonderful and I must try that with Shaleigh....I'm sure that she will hate it.

    ReplyDelete