Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An open apology

Dear Canon 50D,

I REALLY wanted you before I got you. I want to invest more time in you and allow you to thrive and flourish. I am sorry that you often sit at home and feel ignored for weeks at a time. I am infinitely more sorry that I did not zip up the Canon bag. Because of my inattention to detail (or the insane amount of children I am responsible for), I hoisted the unclosed camera bag onto my shoulder and you tumbled onto the cement driveway. I immediately picked you up even as I endured snide comments and nasty looks from your wanna-be owner. At first (maybe because you were still stunned), you performed fine. But later (at a most critical and important moment), you refused to behave properly and my oldest children's baptism pictures will forever be blurred. For this reason and to avoid future memory loss, I sincerely apologize for dropping you. Please accept my apology so that we can continue building our relationship. I promise to take better care of you and be ever vigilant in your presence.

Thanks,

Beth

1 comment: