Saturday, March 27, 2010

What time is it?

It's baseball time.
I mean what says spring like baseball, dirt-filled air, and gusty winds.
Zach and Calyn are playing coach pitch baseball this year. Tim is the team's manager and gets to pitch to our players. The transition to pitched balls is going well so far. Calyn did ask after the first practice if Tim could please stop throwing balls at her. She was afraid he was going to hit her. But once she got use to it, she has done well. Zach is in the process of switching from batting righty to batting lefty. I think with a little more practice, his batting will improve. Several of the Dallas boys have odd right/left handedness. Uncle Pete is left-handed but bats right-handed. Tim is right-handed, but bats left-handed. Zach has always switched between eating with his left and right hand, so it stands to reason that maybe he might be a little odd as well. We will see.
Today was our second game of the season. We won 8-1 (we won our first game 11-3). I did not get many pictures because I was keeping the score book and checking on Grant and Abby. They sat in the car because Abby has a sinus infection and Grant has the croup.
So far, the season is really fun. We have a great group of kids. All but one of the kids seem really interested in learning the game. Despite the score, our fielding is pretty terrible. We won because the other two teams were not very good hitters. Hopefully we will improve as the season progresses. So far, Calyn is the only girl we have seen. Maybe some of the other teams will have girls playing?
I am looking forward to a great season. Go Express!

Zach getting some last minute instruction.

Zach batting lefty.

Calyn running after hitting the ball.

Zach and Tim playing catcher.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Express!!! I guess the craziness has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Express!!!! Ah the joys of summer. I look forward to it so much this year as Shaleigh gets to play T-Ball, Soccer, and take swimming lessons. On top of that I would love for her to stay in gymnastics. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! I am looking forward to my kids being at the age where they can do things like baseball and soccer. Also that REALLY made me laugh that Calyn asked Tim to please stop throwing balls at her, I'm glad she got the hang out it. I love all your baseball pics!

    ReplyDelete