Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tough

Another tough anniversary has arrived-one year since the death of my sweet sister-in-law Susan. But as tough as it is for Tim and I, it is infinitely harder on her husband, Chris, and son, Evan. Will you please pause and lift them up in prayer? Please also lift up my in-laws, John and Terry, Tim's brother and wife, Pete and Emilie, and Tim's brother, Jeff as this anniversary is also hard for them. One more request: please also pray for Susan's brother, Andrew. He lost both parents to cancer and then Susan in just a few short years.

Thanks.

I miss Susan a lot. We often went weeks without talking but had the type of friendship where we would catch-up in minutes on the phone and then talk about nothing for over an hour. I find myself wishing that I could call her for advice (both in child rearing and scrapbooking) or wanting to share with her a funny story. I loved going to Chicago. We always stayed with Susan and she went out of her way to welcome us and keep us busy. I hate to think of going to visit and not having her there.

Susan was a great wife, mom, and friend. These pictures are old (Evan is now five) but they are some of my favorites. Susan was always smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment