Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Year

My mom went to be with Jesus one year ago today. I miss her a lot. I think about her a lot. Sometimes thoughts of her are jogged by the smallest things. For instance by the jeans worn by Abby just the other day.
My mom bought me countless pairs of Guess jeans in the 80's.
And several times a day when I look at this little guy:
I think about how she never got to hold him.
However, I am thankful that she is in heaven and that one day she will meet him. I would like to believe that she has already seen him but I think that she is too busy sitting at the feet of Jesus and rejoicing. And probably singing. She was a terrible singer, so now she probably sings all day.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I think it was good for you to share these things as you are grieving. I'm praying for comfort and peace for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of her in the oddest places and situations as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't seem like it's already been a year. I bet it's still kinda surreal that she's gone, huh? I'm so glad your dad has found Lou & they are happy. My grandfather quit living when Mimi died & it has been awful to watch.

    When I was in middle school my mom bought me these purple Guess jeans from Sam's. Talk about a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was thinking that when we were in the hospital and they were about to bring grant to you. different this time. ginger ale does it to me and pink jesus loves me bows do it to you...but they're not crying like us, and that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete