Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blessed

Tim has been out of town for a few days and I have been so blessed by my friends.
Husband and wife, L and L, along with baby A came over yesterday and took the kids all swimming so that I could rest. Last night we had to vacate the house so that our weekly Bible study could meet. Our adopted grandma, J, and her daughter J met us at the mall. We walked and then had a small candy treat. Both Js also sent a sweet treat over for Bible study.
Today, I had an unexpected doctor's appointment and some testing. Adopted grandma J came over early and took the kids to PDO. She even canceled her own plans so that she could help. Tonight the W family came over and we ordered pizza. I took all the kids swimming, but it was nice just to have company.
Mrs. R has also called several times to check on us. And Amarillo B offered to let the kids come visit in Amarillo.
I have an awesome group of friends that have blessed me. I usually don't mind Tim being out of town, but somehow this trip was different. I think already felt frazzled before he left. Thankfully my friends stepped in to help and the kids have really been a joy.
Thank you so much to everyone for helping me. What amazing brothers and sister I have in Christ.
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post! I believe the verse is true for you, I know you didn't mean it that way. But YOU have blesses us all probably beyond what we can ever give back. The adage, to have friends you must be a friend is true....YOU are a wonderful friend! I'm glad you are surviving and surviving well. And I'm not sure my tired brain can figure out all the abbreveations!

    ReplyDelete